Athmuqam is a town and administrative center of Athmuqam Tehsil in the Neelum Valley of Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. It is located in the northern part of Pakistan, at an elevation of about 2,200 meters (7,200 feet) above sea level. The town is surrounded by beautiful mountain landscapes and is a popular tourist destination for those interested in trekking and exploring the valley's natural beauty.
Athmuqam is also known for its historical and cultural significance. It was once a hub of trade and commerce in the region and has a rich cultural heritage that is still evident in the local architecture, food, and clothing. The town has several shrines, temples, and other places of worship that are of great importance to the local community.
In recent years, Athmuqam has seen significant development in terms of infrastructure and tourism. The government has invested in building new roads, hotels, and other facilities to support the growing number of tourists visiting the area. Despite these changes, the town has been able to maintain its traditional character and charm, making it a unique and interesting place to visit.
- Wildlife Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Exploring Local Culture:
- Hot Springs
- Feels Like:
- Wind Speed:
For Rafting Backpack
1. Rescue Throw Bags
2. Helmets. Rafters have to wear helmets to prevent head injuries
3. Life Jacket. A life jacket is used for the safety of the rafters
4. Inflatable Rafting Boat. Previously the inflatable rafts were very sensitive
For Fishing Backpack
1. Fishing rod and reel: You'll need a fishing rod and reel that are appropriate for the type of fishing you plan to do. Consider the species of fish you want to catch, the water conditions, and your skill level when selecting your equipment.
2. Fishing line: You will need fishing line that is appropriate for your rod and reel. The type of line you choose will depend on the species of fish you're targeting, as well as the water conditions.
3. Hooks and bait: You will need hooks and bait to catch fish. The type of hook and bait you use will depend on the species of fish you're targeting.
4. Tackle box: You'll need a tackle box to store all your fishing gear, such as hooks, bait, lures, and sinkers.
5. Fishing license: Make sure to obtain a fishing license before your trip to avoid any legal issues.
6. Sun protection: Bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
7. Clothing: Dress appropriately for the weather conditions and bring comfortable clothing that allows for freedom of movement.
8. Cooler: You'll need a cooler to store your catch and keep it fresh until you can prepare it.
9. Knife: A knife can be useful for cleaning and preparing your catch.
10. First-aid kit: Accidents can happen, so it's important to bring a basic first-aid kit with items such as bandages, antiseptic, and pain relievers.
For Trekking Backpack
1. Appropriate footwear: Trekking involves a lot of walking, so it's important to have a comfortable and sturdy pair of shoes or boots that provide good support and traction.
2. Clothing: You will need appropriate clothing that is comfortable, lightweight, and suitable for weather conditions. It's important to dress in layers to stay warm and adjust your clothing as needed.
3. Backpack: You will need a backpack to carry your essentials, such as water, food, first-aid kit, and extra clothing. Make sure your backpack is comfortable and fits well.
4. Navigation: You will need a map and compass, or a GPS device, to help you navigate your route.
5. Water and snacks: It's important to stay hydrated while trekking, so bring plenty of water and snacks to keep your energy levels up.
6. First-aid kit: Accidents can happen, so it's important to bring a basic first-aid kit with items such as bandages, antiseptic, and pain relievers.
7. Emergency gear: You may want to bring a whistle, a flashlight, and extra batteries in case of an emergency.
8. Sun protection: Trekking often involves spending a lot of time outdoors, so it's important to bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
9. Insect repellent: Insect bites can be irritating and potentially dangerous, so it's a good idea to bring insect repellent to keep bugs at bay.
10. Personal items: Don't forget to bring your personal items, such as your phone, camera, and any medications you may need.
1. Water bottle: Stay hydrated during your travels.
2. Camera: Capture memories of your trip.
3. Sunscreen: Protect your skin from the sun.
4. Snacks: Keep hunger at bay between meals.
5. First aid kit: Be prepared for any minor emergencies.
6. Umbrella or rain jacket: Protect yourself from the elements.
7. Map or guidebook: Navigate your destination with ease.
8. Cash and cards: Have a variety of payment options.
9. Portable charger: Keep your devices charged on the go.
10. Comfortable clothing and footwear: Wear clothes suitable for the climate and activities planned.
Remember, the specific items you pack may vary depending on your destination, length of trip, and personal preferences.